Throughout the last year, we shared several practices to activate the relaxation response and strengthen your resiliency: three deep breaths; the body scan, progressive muscle relaxation (PMR); mindful walking, reflective writing/journaling; mindful eating, loving-kindness meditation, three good things, and guided imagery.
Use these questions or download this guide DHW Wellbeing Toolbox Guide, to establish or strengthen your well-being practice in the new year.
1. Which well-being tools will you choose to practice over the next 3 months?
2. When will you practice?
3. How will you keep your motivation strong?
4. What barriers to practice might arise, and what strategies will you use to overcome them?
5. What are your backup strategies?
6. What difference do you think this practice will make in your everyday life, personally and professionally?
7. What difference do you think this practice will make 3 years from now as you continue to have it as part of your life?
MIND-BODY TOOLKIT | CULTIVATING RESILIENCY
32 | C o p y r i g h t © 2 0 1 7 D u k e I n t e g r a t i v e M e d i c i n e
In April 2023, Jennifer Bachman, the Health Center Administrator at Duke Health & Fitness Center, obtained her Health & Well-Being Coach Training Certification. This helped her expand her ability to serve her center's clients and create opportunities for a more meaningful member experience. Learn more about Jennifer's experience in the ...READ MORE
Optimizing men's health requires a holistic approach that takes into account the various physical, mental, and emotional dimensions. While physical fitness is important, it's just one piece of the puzzle. In this blog post, we'll explore the benefits of a whole-person approach to men's health, highlighting how it can lead ...READ MORE
November is National Diabetes Awareness Month; Diabetes is a chronic condition affecting millions worldwide. While medication is often a crucial component of diabetes management, a holistic approach that addresses lifestyle, diet, and mental well-being can significantly enhance overall health. This blog post will explore various holistic ways ...READ MORE