Throughout the last year, we shared several practices to activate the relaxation response and strengthen your resiliency: three deep breaths; the body scan, progressive muscle relaxation (PMR); mindful walking, reflective writing/journaling; mindful eating, loving-kindness meditation, three good things and guided imagery.
Use these questions or download this guide DHW Wellbeing Toolbox Guide to establish or strengthen your well-being practice in the new year.
1. Which well-being tools will you choose to practice over the next 3 months?
2. When will you practice?
3. How will you keep your motivation strong?
4. What barriers to practice might arise and what strategies will you use to overcome them?
5. What are your backup strategies?
6. What difference do you think this practice will make in your everyday life, both personally and professionally?
7. What difference do you think this practice will make 3 years from now as you continue to have it as part of your life?
MIND-BODY TOOLKIT | CULTIVATING RESILIENCY
32 | C o p y r i g h t © 2 0 1 7 D u k e I n t e g r a t i v e M e d i c i n e
Content curated by Kenlyn Young, LDN, MS, RD, Dietitian, Duke Integrative Medicine. Support and optimize your metabolism with ""Your Ultimate Guide to Nutrition and Metabolism." This e-book shares in-depth information about your metabolism and ways to support and optimize it. Download the Nutrition and Metabolism Guide About ...READ MORE
Deana Doub, from Hillsborough, NC, partnered with the Duke Lifestyle & Weight Management Center to help her lose more than 60 pounds. Deana's goals included weight loss, increasing exercise and fitness, and finding a balanced diet that would work for her. Deana was thrilled to work with Christine ...READ MORE
By: Kenlyn Young, LDN, MS, RD, Dietitian, Duke Integrative Medicine. Metabolism is so confusing and frustrating, right? Common questions asked, "Why can't I lose weight? Why is my metabolism so slow?" In simple terms, "Metabolism is the internal process by which your body expends energy and burns calories. It runs 24/7 ...READ MORE